McDonald’s and its independent franchisees strive to affect real change by providing eligible employees in their organizations access to education, tools, and developmental opportunities.
Leading the industry in promoting workforce education is important. That’s why McDonald’s has created Archways to Opportunity, a comprehensive education strategy that meets people where they are on their education journey – whether that’s finishing high school, earning a college degree, or even learning English.
The Archways to Opportunity programs are available to eligible employees working in company-owned restaurants and the restaurants of participating franchisees. With their education partners, McDonald’s and participating franchisees continue to invest in people and their futures.
High School Completion
This is the nationally accredited Career Online High School program offered to eligible McDonald’s employees and the eligible employees of participating franchisees that allows them to obtain their high school diploma. All costs are covered by the Tuition Assistance Program.
College Access & Completion
This program helps eligible McDonald’s employees and the eligible employees of participating franchisees find the most efficient and affordable path to a two- or four-year degree.
- Tuition Assistance – The Archways to Opportunity Tuition Assistance Program provides upfront tuition assistance for college courses at higher education institutions accredited by the U.S. Department of Education.
- ACE – McDonald’s management training curriculum carries American Council on Education (ACE) college credit recommendations that can be transferred to many two- and four-year colleges.
- College Credit Connection Program – McDonald’s has partnered with 6 colleges that map out ACE college credit recommendations into specific courses and offer discounted tuition rates.
- Scholarships – McDonald’s annually offers 50 awards of $2,500/each (one per state) and 3 awards of $7,500/each.
Education Advising Services
Archways to Opportunity includes a range of resources and support in order to help eliminate barriers for eligible employees returning to school.
- Advising Services with education experts to help individuals identify the most efficient and affordable path to reach their education goals
- “Virtual Advisor” app that calculates American Council on Education (ACE) college credit recommendations and offers college placement advice
- Learning module that helps individuals make better informed decisions about their education
English Under the Arches
The English as a Second Language (ESL) program is a free opportunity to learn essential English phrases as well as reading and writing skills in order to more effectively communicate with others.
Since 1961, Hamburger University has offered graduates a thought-provoking, comprehensive and unique management curriculum. Hamburger U teaches in a total of 28 languages, including Spanish, German, French, Japanese and Mandarin, with the opportunity for college credit to be earned.
Learn more about our progress at www.ArchwaysToOpportunity.com.